ICF Code of Ethics
As a member of International Chaplains Fellowship - ( I.C.F):
1. I will read, understand, and follow the International Chaplains
Fellowships' Codes of Ethics.
2. I will seek to provide for pastoral care and ministry to persons of
religious bodies other than my own within my area of responsibility with
the same investment of myself as I give to members of my own religious body.
3. I will work collegially with chaplains of religious bodies other than
my own as together we seek to provide as full a ministry as possible to our
4. I will respect the beliefs and traditions of my colleagues and those
to whom I minister. When conducting services of worship that include persons
of other than my religious body, I will draw upon those beliefs, principles,
and practices that we have in common.
5. I will maintain a disciplined ministry in such ways as keeping hours
of prayer and devotion, endeavoring to maintain wholesome family relationships
and regularly engaging in educational and recreational activities for
professional and personal development. I will seek to maintain good health
6. I will hold in confidence any privileged communication received by
me during the conduct of my ministry. I will not disclose confidential
communications in private or in public unless it is required by law to report
to legal authorities.
7. I will not proselytize from other religious bodies, but I retain the
right to evangelize those who are not affiliated.
8. I will not in any way misrepresent myself as an enforcement officer,
federal agent or any other government entity. I am confident in the fact
that I am a chaplain and minister.
9. I will honestly represent my educational qualifications and affiliations.
10. I will understand the high value and dignity of the human being and
actively attempt to avoid allowing my personal needs to exploit others. I
am aware of the power invested in chaplains by their role as caregivers,
and aware of the vulnerability of the people they seek to help. As a chaplain,
I will never exploit anyone within my care, whether sexually, emotionally,
11. I will never engage in any form of sexual misconduct, in any form,
including entering into sexual relationships with the people whom I serve.
I will never physically or verbally abuse, harass, intimidate, or exploit
anyone. Where I see such misconduct happening, I will report it to the
12. I will actively attempt to understand and recognize the diverse cultural
backgrounds of the people soliciting or receiving my pastoral care.
13. I will not condone or engage in discrimination for any reason.
14. I will not accept donations or gifts that would place the donor's
welfare, or their family's welfare, or the chaplaincy client relationship,
15. I will take an active role in helping to build Become a Chaplain Org.by
recruiting new members for membership, thereby assuring the future advancement
of the ministry.
16. I will not talk down to, degrade, belittle, or disrespect other members
in any way for any reason including but not limited to the following: color,
culture, disability, ethnic, gender, race, religion, education, marital or
sociological status or for any other reason.
17. I will respect the right, and the dignity, of all those that come
to me requesting pastoral care.
18. I will obtain permission from any person to whom I provide pastoral
care before taking written notes or electronically recording pastoral
19. I will protect and otherwise control the safety and confidentiality
of any pastoral encounters and records I create, maintain, transfer, or destroy
whether the records are written, taped, computerized, or stored in any other
20. I will be committed to continue my pastoral and personal continuous
education to be better equipped to serve God's people.
Right Click Here and then click
on "save target as or save link as" to download the Code Of Ethics.
Also Right Click Here to download
an Application. Print, complete and sign them both. Do not leave any blanks!
Then mail them along with your check or money order made out to"International
Chaplains Fellowship"and send to the address below. (Allow 2- to 4 weeks
for processing and delivery. (No order will be fulfilled until your check
clears). Make your check
out to "International Chaplains Fellowship".
International Chaplains Fellowship.
118 Trianon St.
Batesville MS. 38606
You may also pay by Paypal to expedite your order.
The materials and related content included on the International
Chaplains Fellowship website is provided as a service to the chaplain
community and is for informational purposes only. International
Chaplains Fellowship does not provide any other professional services
except those stated. © 2009
- 2015 All Rights Reserved. Site Design Generously
Donated by Keep
Reproduction in whole or in part in
any form or medium without our written permission is strictly prohibited!